Why Choose Hucker
When you call Hucker Electric for help with your home or business’s electrical systems, you are not just calling an electrician. You are calling long-time trusted members of the community and a proud family business.
- “No Surprises” Pricing
- Superior Customer Service
- Friendly, Skilled & Licensed Technicians
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed Work
- Clear, Written Warranties
- Genuine Respect For You & Your Property
- Cleaned and Respected Work Areas
- Discounts for Seniors
We enjoy putting you, the customer, first.
(we really do!)
You know, that as a business, you only succeed when your customers are satisfied. We believe it so much, we’ve even won some awards for it. Seriously!
- BBB Complaint-Free Award
- Nexstar Select Service Award
- Angie’s List Super Service Award
Head over to our Testimonials Page to read reviews from REAL customers.
We have the experience and ‘tenure’.
Hucker Electric has been providing electrical services, repairs and installation since 1929. That’s right, we started an electrical repair company the same year as the Great Depression! Obviously, our electricians from that era are long retired. Our founder George Hucker would have his mind blown by the technology our electricians utilize on the job today – not to mention the regular training and certification updates they get!
One thing is for sure, we have been providing electrical service to Lake County a long time and will continue even longer. When you need a long-term partner to keep your business’s electrical systems running smoothly – trust in the name “Hucker Electric.”
We are family-owned and operated.
No, the owner of our business is not an out-of-towner, off on some island drinking margaritas. Well, the Huckers do enjoy going up to the Northwoods from time to time, but don’t we all? The Hucker family are locals and still actively involved in the day-to-day business. In fact, John’s son-in-law, Ryne, is now involved in the business. That makes four generations!
We have a great code of ethics.
Fun fact: John Hucker was, for a time, the Chairman of the Board for a best-practices organization called Nexstar. We have been members of that amazing organization for many years (call us, “Early Adopters”) and subscribe to the “Nexstar Code of Ethics.”
Would you like to read it? Please do
- We will serve our customers with integrity, competence, and objectivity.
- We will deliver to our customer all that we promised through value-added services.
- We will perform our work to meet technical codes or better.
- We will explore each customer situation to sufficient detail and gather sufficient facts to gain an understanding of the problems, the scope of assistance needed, and the possible benefits our service and technical recommendations may provide our customers.
- We will respect each customer’s home and property and leave them as clean as we found them.
- We regard our employee’s satisfaction as important as customer service and company profitability.
- We subscribe to the premise of win, win, win.
- We will assign technical and support personnel to each job in accord with their experience, knowledge, and expertise.
- We will foster training for all our employees on an on-going basis to improve and uphold high performance standards.
- We will perform jobs for which we are qualified by our experience and technical competence.
- We will make Quality Service the trademark of the jobs we perform. If needed we will take care of callbacks with a minimum of inconvenience to our customers.
- We will stand behind our work.
- We will not provide services to a customer under terms or conditions that might damage or compromise the integrity of our trade and profession. We will follow the Golden Rule.
- We will not advertise our services in a deceptive manner.
- We will maintain a wholly professional attitude and behavior toward those we serve, our fellow contractors, our own employees, our suppliers, and the public at large.
- We will agree with our customers independently and in advance on the basis for our fees. Our fees will be commensurate with the quality of the services we deliver and the responsibility we accept.
- We will make it our moral imperative to maintain a profitable business as part of our responsibility to our employees and our families.
- We will be mindful of the honest value received by the customer and our right to an ethical profit.
- We will be good corporate citizens.
- We will protect the health and safety of our communities by sharing knowledge of new environmental developments and technological advancements with the communities we serve.
- We will report violations of this Code of Ethics.