In 1929, George E. Hucker rolled through town in a Chevrolet pickup offering Waukegan area residents and businesses something new: Electrical Services. George Hucker, soon with the help of his son Ed as he attended college, pioneered the change from old gas lighting to electric lighting in Lake County.
A Multi-Generation Family Business
Ed Hucker formally took over the family electrical service business in 1961. His sons Bill and John worked their way up from being apprentices to ultimately owning the business.
By 1994, brothers Bill and John Hucker took ownership of Hucker Electric, with their sister Kristen joining the family team in 1996 – just in time for an explosion of technological advances in the electrical service industry. The old Chevrolet pickup was long ago replaced by fully stocked service trucks and aerial bucket trucks.
Despite all that has changed in the last 85+ years, a few things stay the same: The ethical values, honesty and integrity passed down from George Hucker to his son Ed, and his sons John & Bill Hucker still remain as cornerstones of Hucker Electric today.